My 78 Malibu Build Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

78FLMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2010
Montverde, FL
Here's some updates...

After a little ruckus with the HOA, which I believe to be solved, I can update this build thread.

I picked up a set of wheels for her, from a Sonoma GT...I like the look...

bu20.jpg

But, I got them home, and they didnt fit. They were so close, but there was a little lip in the way. After talking to a friend who has a older S10 and had the same issue, he suggested this...

bu22.jpg

A black and decker flapper wheel... He said about 4 minutes per wheel and the ridge will go away. He was right. Now I have to get creative with some center caps, but I have a few ideas..

bu25.jpg

bu23.jpg

I was in the yard the other day, and I grabbed this set of E-Fans...

bu21.jpg

I test fitted them, and they seem fine. While I was in the engine bay, I took off the factory HO aluminum intake and distributor, and set them aside, they will not be going back in.

bu17.jpg

This Edelbrock performer and the new distributor will replace them.

bu16.jpg

With the intake off, this is what I found...looks pretty clean to me in there...

bu18.jpg

What I don't like, is what I found under the car. The exhaust dumps out right in front of the rear axle...under the car! That can't be good for my breathing skills...lol

bu19.jpg

More fun...lol

Shawn

78FLMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2010
Montverde, FL
I really wish it was the proper cowl hood...lol someone just stuck on a cowl and used about 50 lbs of bondo. I need to replace the hood, but thats the easy part, i guess...lol

78FLMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2010
Montverde, FL
Update 6/5/11...

It's really starting to come along... Slow but sure. Found me a parts tree in the back yard...

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

I pulled the starter out, and its all ready under there to hook up the smaller starter. Had to buy a new battery cable, as the old one was burned against the header. Might explain the constant dead battery. The size difference between the starters is unreal.

starters.jpg

The engine is all cleaned up and painted...looks a whole lot better now.

ho1.jpg

ho2.jpg

Finally, went to the swap meet today, and grabbed this cluster. Only has 2 broken needles, otherwise seems ok. Either way, for 15 bucks, I wasn't going to leave it sit. I was hoping for the newer 86-87 style.

tic1.jpg

tic2.jpg

Hopefully, the engine will be restarted very soon. I wanna take it for a spin!

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor