My 79 Bu Updated ! And Now Running :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Her name is Mother F**ker

I know it's not perfect, So I figured driveway shots would suffice lol for now.

It was my dad's car he and I didn't talk much but the little we did talk prior to his passing was why his car wouldn't start, He wasn't very mechanically inclined I guess..

We pretty much consolidated 38 years into about 3 months.. And his favourite term was Mother F**ker. so fitting since this car has fought everything since I brought her out of the garage..

I moved the Tach today it was under the column and well I am taller then he was, She has a small oil leak but it doesn't seem to drip while running, will have to fix that, A little water in the trunk will have to fix that, the other thing that really really BUGS me is the Mess of the wiring harness I might just get a new one or Make my own and re wire the car over the winter, Who ever built it looks like they rushed that part of it. But for now I just need to figure out the starter :wtf:

IMG_9572.jpg

BTW I like the Floor Mats

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9584.jpg

Thanks for looking

MUELLERBU

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Delta, Bc
Re: My 79 Bu

metrorob if that's a starter your way ahead of others and on the right foot, wiring harness simple wiring compared to any modern car, starter part of the harness!!!!! post this in new users forum you will get more welcomes and comments trust me from a fellow canuck (not a maple laugh......probably for another forum) but you have something great to start with ...... but you must lose all zap straps

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Re: My 79 Bu

MUELLERBU said:
metrorob if that's a starter your way ahead of others and on the right foot, wiring harness simple wiring compared to any modern car, starter part of the harness!!!!! post this in new users forum you will get more welcomes and comments trust me from a fellow canuck (not a maple laugh......probably for another forum) but you have something great to start with ...... but you must lose all zap straps

Thanks Eh !! Ya I have some work in front of me..

I'm tossing the idea about attempting a Mini Starter Or ordering the Starter Plate Kit Ecklers.. The way I see it 300.00 for the parts or 200 for a Mini Starter :blam:

I just want to know that when I put the key in the ignition it starts and continues to start...

I still might attempt the epoxy this weekend tho just for sh*ts and giggles

And yes I know I have some clean up work to do under the hood :D but that isn't on the top of the list at the moment.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
So all the parts finally arrived

Starter plate from Danchuck
Starter and Fly wheel from Ecklers

After some slight tweaks to the headers (Will have to have them altered in the future) she starts better then a brand new car

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9587.jpg

Still undecided where I am going to mount the plate (Needs to be there :puke:)
IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9592.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9590.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Car looks like a nice cruiser !! Too bad about your dad though but you cant pick your parents right ?!?

you could find ( or make ) a front plate bracket. I have seen them mounted to the airdam below the bumper before and been left that way for years.
If you are pulled over use the PSD method.

Plead Ignorance ( didn't know )
Show Remorse ( so sorry officer )
Deny Everything ( really it was that way when I went to look at the car so I left it there..... )

I assume you are in the Ottawa / Kingston area ( based off the 613 area code on your window sticker )

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
axisg said:
Car looks like a nice cruiser !! Too bad about your dad though but you cant pick your parents right ?!?

you could find ( or make ) a front plate bracket. I have seen them mounted to the airdam below the bumper before and been left that way for years.
If you are pulled over use the PSD method.

Plead Ignorance ( didn't know )
Show Remorse ( so sorry officer )
Deny Everything ( really it was that way when I went to look at the car so I left it there..... )

I assume you are in the Ottawa / Kingston area ( based off the 613 area code on your window sticker )

Thanks !

I'm in Cornwall just a little south of Ottawa, I would try the PSD Method but I have already been dinged for it once haha beat it in court but it's still a hassle.

I will likely mount it to the air dam sometime this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor