PONTIAC My 79 Grand Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I'm very impressed with your rides! I can see we have a lot in common, I love Pontiacs and have owned many of them through time. I would like to change to FI someday hopefully soon. So those #31 heads must be round ports then...correct? I can't see your manifolds...are you using stock ones or headers? I had the TH400 in my car for 2 decades and loved it, it sure is bullitt proof but it definitely robs horsepower. I found out that after I swapped to the TH200-R4 my car was noticeably quicker and I could go on the highway with the overdrive and GN 3.42 with lower RPM's. Love your old GTO man, is that a 69?

Reactions: 2 users

Wedonthaveit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2019
SI, NY
I'm very impressed with your rides! I can see we have a lot in common, I love Pontiacs and have owned many of them through time. I would like to change to FI someday hopefully soon. So those #31 heads must be round ports then...correct? I can't see your manifolds...are you using stock ones or headers? I had the TH400 in my car for 2 decades and loved it, it sure is bullitt proof but it definitely robs horsepower. I found out that after I swapped to the TH200-R4 my car was noticeably quicker and I could go on the highway with the overdrive and GN 3.42 with lower RPM's. Love your old GTO man, is that a 69?

The FI is the way to go. Car starts immediately. Idles perfect. Not runnin a crazy cam. The heads are D port. Ram Air Restorations oversized manifolds. I already have a 200 4R that I’m gonna have rebuilt cause I want the OD. I had the TH 400 built already and wanted to use it. It’s a 68.

Reactions: 1 users

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Right on bro,,,you know your sheet....metal for sure! Thanks for your answers as i wast just curious about your setup. So they make a Ram Air set for D-ports? That's awesome...im gonna get me a pair. Ya that's a good swap to the th2004r....but im sure you already know that with your nice GN! 😁

Reactions: 1 user

Grumpa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2019
Beausejour Mb. Can.
This is my 1980 LeMans , stock 267 cid auto. My wife and I hit as many shows as possible with our "work in progress"
100_1641.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Aziz

n00b
Apr 2, 2019
Very nice 👍🏻
Can I ask you, Im looking for side marker for the car for about 3 months and still looking, do you have any ideas where I can find one?

g3chevy

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2019
Spring, Texas
Welcome from Texas! The Grand Am is one of my favorite G-bodies. Your car rocks. Look forward to seeing more updates.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
This is my 1980 LeMans , stock 267 cid auto. My wife and I hit as many shows as possible with our "work in progress" View attachment 111542
Yes, another factory Canadian sbc powered car, all were, with a couple of exceptions since the late 50's.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yes, another factory Canadian sbc powered car, all were, with a couple of exceptions since the late 50's.

So I shouldn't feel so bad for putting a Chebby in our wagon? ;)

That said, I am really digging this Grand AM. What tires are out back? They look like Toyo TQs.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor