BUILD THREAD My 79 Malibu, Start to never finished...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely done, looks great!
Question about bumpers and trim including grill.
What color and paint or powder coat?
the bumpers are powder coated, all the trim i sandblasted and hit with duplicolour
etch primer and satin paint, i cut i think 41/4 inches out of rear bumper and i think 5 out of front, i still have the pieces i cut out if anyone wants to know for sure

Do you know the offset of the wheels and are you using spacers?
the rear is a 9 inch wheel with 4.5 bs front is 8in with 4.5 that would have fit perfect except it hit the caliper so i had to make a spacer .64

the rear is a 9 inch wheel with 4.5 bs front is 8in with 4.5 that would have fit perfect except it hit the caliper so i had to make a spacer .64
I really did not want a spacer, only option now is a different set of wheels, it was tough to find something in the right size that i really liked

• Agree
Reactions: 307 Regal
there are a lot of us with your disease! 15yrs ago i bought an El Camino that i was just going to 'drive and maintain'!
Ha! Its wide spread!! Ienjoy working on it almost as much as i do driving it, yeah it was tought to see something that needed to be fixed and just leave it, im going to enjoy it for the summer and get back to it when it gets cold

20170516_195624.jpg
20170516_195624.jpg
20170515_120146.jpg
20170515_120146.jpg

Attachments

• 20170422_012617.jpg
    20170422_012617.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor