My '83 Grand Prix LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums, can't believe I actually found a g-body forum. w00t! Anyways, this is my 1983 Grand Prix LJ. There has been a total of 3 owners, 1st owner was an old lady, she ended up driving into a building or something (notice the different colored front end), then my brother in law's dad bought it. My brother in law had it for awhile and finally sold it to my dad.

After we got it, the v6 died. :( It started to knock really bad. Not a good sign. My dad asked me if I wanted the Grand Prix, I said yes of course. :) We decided to get an engine swap, we were going to get a crate engine, but we found a guy that was restoring a Trans Am he just bought. He was going to dump a new engine into it, so we ended up getting the engine and transmission for $400. It was a steal as the engine had low miles. Around 120,000. Enough background information, let's see some pics!

carfront.jpg

carside.jpg

carback.jpg

carwarthog.jpg

I'm a halo fan btw :D

carinside1.jpg

carinside2.jpg

pioneerstereo.jpg

pioneerstereo2.jpg

pioneerstereo3.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine4.jpg

Let me know what you think. :D

84bonneville le

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 18, 2006
Beautiful car

You have one fine looking car there. My 84 Bonneville is sweet, but yours is like new!
My Bonneville has a very similar instrument panel, dash, seat style, color and fabric; even the window crank handles are similar.
Thanks for showing the pictures.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
The reason the Bonnevile LOOKS the same is because it IS the same, except the nameplate. The downsized Bonneville is a Pontiac G-body, shares virtually everything with the GP and Lemans, only plusher.

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
averagewhiteboy said:
Looks really clean! So you're T/A 6.6 powered? Damn! Such an improvement over that shitty Buick V6!

Nah, it only has the smaller Pontiac 301 v8. But one thing I want to do for sure, and it's only the top of my list. I want to turbo charge it, once I get more money of course, haha.

Thanks for the comments guys, 84 Bonneville le, do you have any pics of your Bonneville?

:)

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
you could turbocharge it with factory parts...i believe it was the 80 ta that offered a turbo 301.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor