My '83 Grand Prix LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

84bonneville le

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 18, 2006
srercrcr; thanks for the info. sui_winbolo; thanks for asking. I will go out tomorrow and get some pics. The Bonnevile is a 4 door, so fine as a daily driver. But I must say your GP has the tail lights that always made it look terrific. And the 2 door you have looks very sporty. I always liked the 2 door look.
I just had the oil changed, and this time asked the fellow to count the trannie bolts. Lucky me. 13. So my Bonneville has the TH 350. The fellow said 'bullet proof.' my wife asked what that meant. she is funny. I said that you can't kill it. Good to go.
Next spring or summer I hope to have the differential rebuilt. Just needs some new bearings. Ok now, but a little rumble back there. I don't try to bust 12 seconds or hit 121 mph. So the Bonneville should last a while.
The previous owner did a lot of 'the little things,' new springs, paint, kept it very clean. So I really enjoy driving this puppy. If I feel adventurous I might advance the timing. It is set for economy, not performance. But still what a great car!!! :D

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
It's great to hear nice comments about our great cruisers.

STL_GRANDPRIX

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2008
ST.L
i got one

I got an 83 gp too, and i need some help on what color i should paint it and if i should take it from a hot rod and make it a dunk like some 24s or somethn

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
hey great looking car and welcome to the site! stock turbo setup would be very cool as well

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Nice looking car. I like the GPs in part because you don't see many of them. Bonus on a GP gbody is that you get extra braceing that other gbody owners rob off of them at salvage yards to make their car better.
Performance or economy timeing?.. The 301 does not provide either haha. Sorry could not resist. If you can get all the components to do a factory turbo setup with a good turbo for dirt cheap ok but don't spend much for it or you will have spent too much with a lot of work for what you get. I would just drive the 301 while you have a nice 400/455 built by someone experienced in building high performance Pontiacs. Life is too short not to have something that is fun to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor