My 84 GN restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn allot of metal replacing . i couldn't tackle this at all , glad to see your saving it from the rust .Good work so far bro ill keep an eye out for progress updates .

Bweavy said:
Very rare to see any one tackling that much rust. You have a lot of talent. I have seen people sell cars with half the amount of rust. Nice work.

Thanks Brian, what can I say I love what I do. I wish I was doing it for a living, but to afraid to leave my low dollar job that ive been at for a while. When I get in the garage, I can spend countless hours working, and time has no meaning when im in there. Thanks Rudy

This is how the car sits today. Ive gotten rid of all the rust that I can find, as far as the eye can see. I even split the seams in a few areas where rust was evident, and just media blasted, primed, resealed, and painted. Ive also included a pic of the floor pan when it got shipped. You guys might recognize it as the elcamino 78-88 floor pan. It just took some mods to make it fit. Thanks Rudy

Attachments

• IMG_20120923_150158.jpg
    IMG_20120923_150158.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • cell pics 011.jpg
    cell pics 011.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 1,367
Yes I still am a member of turbobuick.com I just wanted to share my experience with my car resto since all g bodys share the same body platform. I ordered my pan from Classic to Current fabricatio,Im not sure if gbodyparts has one available.

I finally have the body back on its frame thanks to a few strong neighbors. heres a pic of how she sits, its sitting too high, but then again theres no weight on it yet. Im very happy at this point since its been a little over a year.

Attachments

• IMG_20121006_163601.jpg
    IMG_20121006_163601.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,160
so how did you and your "strong neighbors" get the body back on the frame? how many of you did it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor