My '86 Monte Carlo SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Performance

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2012
TN
Thanks for the great comments guys! Yeah, my Papaw was a great man.

For years I didn't want to touch the '86 since it was so original. So, I bought an '88 SS and went all out until I got tired of it. I sold it about 6 years ago and haven't seen it since. Here are a few pics and a video of it. I miss it sometimes, but it was never going to be as nice as the '86.

Cnv0003.jpg

DSC01136-1.JPG

Cnv0010.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSb-coZHyQ

Daves85

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2009
New England
nice grab on that monte, its SUPER clean. i like it!!

that older 88 you had looks KILLER! i bet you wish you never sold that one...

That_guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2012
Ok, here is a question... car looks great and I'm hoping I can get mine to lookhalf as clean as yours is. On the dash, right hand side, just below the bank of idiot lights there is a little knob that looks like the old manual side mirror adjuster... what is that? I have it in my car, but can't figure out what it does....

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
That_guy said:
Ok, here is a question... car looks great and I'm hoping I can get mine to lookhalf as clean as yours is. On the dash, right hand side, just below the bank of idiot lights there is a little knob that looks like the old manual side mirror adjuster... what is that? I have it in my car, but can't figure out what it does....

I think your talking about the power mirror option?

That_guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2012
Sorry for stealing your pic OP... Hope you dont mind.

Untitled-1.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
beenen said:
That_guy said:

I think your talking about the power mirror option?

That is exactly what you thought it was. It is a manual cable operated remote for the passenger side mirror. If yours doesn't work then maybe either someone cut the cables (common shortcut if your pass. mirror or door were replaced) or maybe they just broke but there are 3 small cables so highly unlikely all 3 broke.

Performance

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2012
TN
That_guy said:

Yep, its the passenger mirror adjuster which is cable operated. Its just like the one on the drivers door which is for the drivers side mirror.

Sevenevez

n00b
Jun 22, 2013
This thing is gorgeous. The stance / lowering, Billet Wheels. Everything is so tastefully done. One of my faves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor