my 86 SS Monte at the track

Status
Not open for further replies.

BENCHSEATRACIN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Well the motor is back in the Monte Carlo as of the end of April.I ran it for the first time this year at Cecil County Dragway back on June 30th...we had a half way cool-temp night for a change.It ran like it did last year...which is a good thing.I've seen motors rebuilt & slow up sometimes.I wanted at least to go mid 10's on motor & mid 9's on spray like last year,and it did!
First pass was a [email protected] with a 1.53 sixty ft. (shift 6800)
Second pass was a [email protected] with a 1.55 sixty ft (shifted late 2nd & 3rd)
Third pass was a [email protected] with a 1.55 sixty ft (shifted late 2nd & 3rd)
If I shift around 6800 it runs best,or so it seems to like it.If I shift around 7000-7100 it slows up.I might try shifting 6400-6600 to see how it likes that.Still learning what this car likes.The closer to idle I leave,the better it 60 fts too....1500 or so...up at 2000 slows it up.
I sprayed it on the last pass with a 200 shot dead out of the whole..it spun.
Ran a [email protected] with a 1.53 sixty ft.
Had a good time.Now waiting for another cooler night to go back.
928927345_wNECJ-L.jpg

928927502_WZPby-L.jpg

928927675_GJVAR-L.jpg

video links............
http://benchseatracin.smugmug.com/Cars/ ... nZx4j-A-LB
http://benchseatracin.smugmug.com/Cars/ ... bZCkR-A-LB

Man that car hauls A$$ and it's pretty stout looking as well.I like the looks of the 12 bolt underneath ( just like mine ).....I hope to be in the high 11's or low 12's...........haven't been to the track this year...How much HP is yours making?? What gears and if you don't mind, how much rear tire pressure you running??

It's a pump gas 498 that made 670 HP at the crank.Took a 454 block,bored .070" over & added a 4.250" crank in place of the factory stroke at 4.000"
I still use my GM cast iron square port closed chambered heads.It has a custom Ross piston in it,that makes 10.2to1 compression.The heads are bowl ported,and the intake ports aren't ported,just gasket matched to a heavily ported Team-G intake with the runners extended up under the carb.The exhaust ports are smoothed,but not ported.
I run a 4.10 gear in it.Those are HOOSIER drag radials.They seem to like 17-18 lbs hot,haven't tried them lower,but up at 20lbs hot it spun.I have a Cold Fusion fogger on it with the 200 shot jets.
The car weighs 3785 with me & a half tank of gas.

Man I'd love to take that baby for the 1320' trip , Thanks for the info 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor