my 95 z71 aka "christine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
That 4 door guy said:
I guess I should clarify why I call her christine...well I grew up watching the movie. Yes I know its an old plymouth fury. But the basis of this story is my truck was a little rough around the edges. The lights would cut in and out. The radio worked when it wanted. After driving for about 20 min she would sputter like she was misfiring. And to top it all off the turn signals would not work. So when I finally got her home, I gave her once over. I was stumped. Nothing seemed wrong. Bulbs and relays all had power. No plug wires shortened out. NOTHING. And I got pissed off, slammed the hood and my next reaction went like this; "damnit christine..(slaps the hood). ****in work! (slaps hood again)" and I swear I walked away for 20 minutes, returned to take it up to my uncles shop. Since I called her christine and slapped her, NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM. Im not bullshittin. She has ran perfect, radio comes on like normal, turn signals work just fine. So thats why her name is christine..

I was gonna say "you mean like the movie about the Plymouth fury?" Anyways, glad you got it back all right. All too often they are parted out before their owners can get them back.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
thanks guys. My grandpa bought the truck brand new. So im glad shes home

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
awsome.
i would hurt somebody very very very very very bad if they did that to my 96. oh man

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
So what so yall think about her? Picture her with side exit flows after rear-end, limo tint, cowl hood, and a 4in lift..

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
I think she's freaking awsome!! I plan on a 4in lift aswell. I Realy like the factory 2 tone. That's what I was looking for when buying my truck( red n silver) but the black looks just as good lol.

But seriously, she looks great. What size tires u got??

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
Looks good 8)
Wish my '97 was that clean! It still runs like a champ at 257k, so I won't complain

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
When I put the cowl hood on, and do the cab corners...im going to do a little design on the hood. When you look at the hood from the side of the truck, I want the raising wall of the cowl to be silver and the rest of the hood the teal green. And have the colors seperated with pin striping just like the gm did with the whole truck. Do you have any pix of your beast?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Man, I wish mine was in that shape. Mine has the awesome GM peeling paint and rust in the usual places. I like the mild 350 Rocket with the TBI in mine. Too bad you can't get a locker for the weak 8.25" aluminum front diff. I have gone through snow to the bumpers.

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
That 4 door guy said:
When I put the cowl hood on, and do the cab corners...im going to do a little design on the hood. When you look at the hood from the side of the truck, I want the raising wall of the cowl to be silver and the rest of the hood the teal green. And have the colors seperated with pin striping just like the gm did with the whole truck. Do you have any pix of your beast?

Not sure if you were talking to me, but here goes...
Drove onto my neighbor's yard when the road was under construction.
photobucket-4986-1358634930148.jpg

His daughter was with me, she thought it was fun :mrgreen:
photobucket-3930-1358634914756.jpg

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
Thats exactly the kind of pic I was hoping to get...i will go flex my truck to show ya back...i love how these teuck flex (^-^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor