My Brother's Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2007
Connecticut
Three or four years ago, my brother bought a car to restore, just like what I am doing right now. He bought a '78 Malibu for $900. We were looking for one for a long time and after a while we found one in the same town as us. We took the car apart to the last bolt. We are doing a complete frame off restoration. He is going to make it a clone of my dad's old Malibu (in many magazines and car shows). Everything will be mostly the same, like the color, ford grabber blue, the motor, 402 BBC, except the pro street tires. Since he is in the machine shop in the technical school we go to, he made a lot of parts for ir. To name a few, he made the alternator bracket, a shifter bracket (to raise the shifter up higher), throttle cable bracket, a lot of nuts and bolts, and many suspension and motor parts.

Monte83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2007
Connecticut
Right now, The body is back on the frame, the entire back of the car is done, besides the trunk that got ruined by the guy that sandblasted it, the body and frame are of coarse painted, the front fenders are on, we need the hood, need to paint the doors, new trunk, front bumper, hood, and get it running.

Before work
chads1.jpg

My dad's
MaliBlu1.jpg

chassis (w/notched frame rail)
2-6-06chassisandmotor6.jpg

Home made quarter panel
lrquarter1.jpg

new piece on firewall
2-21firewall.jpg

7-30-06.jpg

8-7-06chassisandbody9.jpg

these last pictures are the newest
DSCF0006a.jpg

DSCF0013a.jpg

almost complete interior, with a perfect $40 dash. The interior is going to be black
DSCF0014a.jpg

DSCF0015a.jpg

and we need one of these
spoiler.jpg

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
I know a guy with the piece you need. His needs some work to look nice but it could be made to look nice. Sharp car!

james_cambron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2007
Nebraska
car dollie

I would love to have the demensions and maybe some other pics of the dolly you used for the body. I am going to be doing a resto on my '79 malibu and I like the idea you have there for the dolly. You have a very sweet Malibu and I am sure your dad will be very proud.
Thank you and G-BODIES FOR LIFE,
James

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
That car is incredible!! What size are those rear wheels and tires??

Monte83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2007
Connecticut
james_cambron said:
I would love to have the demensions and maybe some other pics of the dolly you used for the body. I am going to be doing a resto on my '79 malibu and I like the idea you have there for the dolly. You have a very sweet Malibu and I am sure your dad will be very proud.
James

I will try to get the dimensions to you and some more pics.

383Camino said:
That car is incredible!! What size are those rear wheels and tires??

The wheels are 15x8's and the tires are 275/60SR15, (T/A Radials). We might go taller on the tires, for some reason, the look small.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I too have 275s. Trouble is, taller means narrower if you stay with BFG. (Just lower the car).

james_cambron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2007
Nebraska
Thabnk you

Monte83 said:
james_cambron said:
James

I will try to get the dimensions to you and some more pics.

I would really be thankfull. We are dealing with alot of snow we got dumped on us last night, but I am ready to go as soon as work slows down a bit. Again, Thank you. I will also post pics as we progres with the resto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor