My C5 front brake upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
HI saw this tread and am planning on switching over to that Master cylinder. I plan on doing the dual piston Blazer brake upgrade. I`d like to know how the pedal feels. Is it firmer or a little on the soft side ?
Sorry....I’m not on here much and I don’t get notified. The pedal feels great. It’s not really soft or hard. It’s really perfect to me. It’s like driving a newer car.

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
A couple of questions about this upgrade, is there any advantage to grabbing a kit for G-body spindles, like Umi Perfromance's, over using S10 spindles and hubs? And will the stock master work if you leave the rear drums?
You can still use the stock master cylinder. If you use the stock spindle it has to be modified. I switched cause I like the thoughtbof not having to pack wheel bearings anymore and it’s sealed and easy to change if it would go bad.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
A couple of questions about this upgrade, is there any advantage to grabbing a kit for G-body spindles, like Umi Perfromance's, over using S10 spindles and hubs?

You need to cut a lot of cast iron off a stock G-body spindle, then drill and tap the dust shield holes. I've done both a few times. Going to the junkyard getting some Blazer spindles is a little easier/less labor intensive than modding the stock spindles.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor