My first G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinSlow84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2012
Albuquerque NM
I just got my first G-body. It's a one owner 93K miles 1980 Malibu. The it's straight and rust free, all original V6, few options and best of all it hasn't been messed around with. The only options I can see it has are AC, power steering, AM radio and trunk carpet. The interior is destoryed thanks for the lovely NM sun.

Immediate plans, get it reliable, tune up and brakes, and weather stripping
Winter plans, 4 speed (hoarding all the parts for this since 2004)
Longterm, stout old school small block.

Here's the pics. No interior or engine bay shots

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
SWEET MALLY!!! any plans for paint?

RollinSlow84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2012
Albuquerque NM
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
SWEET MALLY!!! any plans for paint?

I'm not planning on anything for the paint. It's the original on it right now. I think good cut and buff should help it out quite a bit, the OE laquer paint is pretty resilient. I'm going to take off the door spears/ding gaurds and hopefully the paint underneather wont be too fresh looking. The Bu is going to be my daily driver for a while, most of the upgrades will be made to make the car reliable, safer, better handling and stopping, and maybe a little more fun.

Erich

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2012
Las Cruces
Nice car, I love the Malibu body style!

Good to see a fellow New Mexican on the forums as well. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor