my great debate-vortec heads??? high lift kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
That sounds like a good plan then! I mean, you can always just call the machine shop of your choice and see what they would charge for the studs and spring install. It may not be that bad and then you will not have any worries.

I am all for getting the most out of what you have. My S/R Torquer heads are not my favorite, but I have them and I don't have the money to change them out for something better. So, I continue to use them. My car is a budget build in a way, with the biggest money having to be spent on paint and body work.

elcaminokyle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2007
Doesn't crane or somebody make better springs that drop in without machining? I found some on e-bay that are made by Pioneer for about 50 or 60 bucks so I took a chance and bought them. I went to e-bay motors and searched with the word "vortec" and found some interesting stuff. I think the Crane springs are about 200 bucks.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I know Comp Cams makes the beehive springs for this application. I just am not sure as to weather the guide bosses need to be cut down for more clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor