My new Hurst Dazzlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad4321

n00b
Mar 20, 2017
Columbus, IN
Thanks for posting this. I've been considering the same wheel/tire combo on my cutlass and this sold me!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I didn't weigh the stockers, but I think the Hursts are actually slightly heavier. The online specs say they weigh 17lbs 15x7 and 18 lbs 15x8. They are a cast wheel.[/QUOTE]

Either way, they look great! I was just curious if they were a lighter wheel. if nothing else, they should be truer running than the steels.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Looks great! How much lighter are the rims than the 14's?

It depends which wheels were on the car before the swap. I think that I remember reading somewhere that the stock 15" GN wheels were around 28 lbs.. So in my case, it's almost a %50 weight savings since I had the GN wheels on my Regal prior to the swap.

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Sweet !
I drooled all over my jegs catalog when I first saw those. Mind started 'racing'
to_become_senile.gif
and damn.. perfect on an Olds but I was thinking of those on my monte too.
Dark cherry car, paint gold below the knee line (ala H/O) and those wheels in gold 8" w/ BFG 235s all around.

Crowd funding...?
unknw.gif

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Sweet !
I drooled all over my jegs catalog when I first saw those. Mind started 'racing'
to_become_senile.gif
and damn.. perfect on an Olds but I was thinking of those on my monte too.
Dark cherry car, paint gold below the knee line (ala H/O) and those wheels in gold 8" w/ BFG 235s all around.

Crowd funding...?
unknw.gif

Here's an idea, you could put those on your Monte and just replace the center caps with one that has a Chevy logo. I haven't look closely at the center cap but there must be other center caps that would fit?

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Workable idea but ....
I'd prefer to leave the Hurst logo and just put a set of Lightning Rods in the car. :D
I miss having those. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor