my "ok" cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
whats your definition of OK? i say you gotta a winner on your hands, great looking car, love the color combo, the 85's grilles are the best in my opinion, i have an 85 myself, noticed your salon doesn't have the salon style headlight bezels with the black on the insides, I myself like the amber parking lights, bought a NOS set for mine, replaced the clear ones, yeah i say toss the 6, if it's a low mileage well maintained motor, i say ride with it and in the meantime, take your time and build you up a nice motor and when your ready to drop it in, it'll be ready

85 Salon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
custom442 said:
If that's original paint it's more than okay
all but the passenger side door and fender are original paint. When my buddy sold it 3 years ago, the new owner was not so nice to it. Kid hit a deer and a dumpster with it. My brother bought it, put on a new passenger side fender, header panel and door, then repaint. He also had to replace the grilles and headlight bezels.
Car still needs a bit of interior work. The stock shifter is in the trunk, needs a cable. It currently has B&M shifter in it. Headliner and visors need to be replaced because the previous owner thought HUGE tan denim looked cooler than stock material :roll:

85 Salon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
outsider_27 said:
I think 17" rims are as big as I'd go. Anything bigger IMO doesn't look right. Nice car, even though it's :puke: brown.
actually we call it "cat sh*t brown". Makes it more unique if you ask me. You dont see the color at all.
Im thinking 18x7 up front, 20x8.5 in the rear. Lowered 6'' up front and 4'' in the rear with Bags up front Adjustable rear coil overs in the back would go great with a built motor.

85 Salon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
350_85cutty said:
whats your definition of OK? i say you gotta a winner on your hands, great looking car, love the color combo, the 85's grilles are the best in my opinion, i have an 85 myself, noticed your salon doesn't have the salon style headlight bezels with the black on the insides, I myself like the amber parking lights, bought a NOS set for mine, replaced the clear ones, yeah i say toss the 6, if it's a low mileage well maintained motor, i say ride with it and in the meantime, take your time and build you up a nice motor and when your ready to drop it in, it'll be ready
bezels got destroyed in a deer accident a few years ago, well atleast one, who knows what happend with the good one. I totally agree on the drive the 6 until the new motor is ready. :friday:

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
85 Salon said:
The stock shifter is in the trunk, needs a cable. It currently has B&M shifter in it.

What's the stock shifter doing in the trunk? They belong in the garbage... :lol:

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
I like it a lot!

Your paint is in very good shape.

The only thing I would really change is the vinyl top.

85 Salon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
Blake442 said:
85 Salon said:
The stock shifter is in the trunk, needs a cable. It currently has B&M shifter in it.

What's the stock shifter doing in the trunk? They belong in the garbage... :lol:
I like the stock one better than the b&m. mostly because the trim piece that goes around the shifter would have to be cut for the b&m. Plus I got the car from my brother and he wants to keep the b&m.

85 Salon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
sui_winbolo said:
I like it a lot!

Your paint is in very good shape.

The only thing I would really change is the vinyl top.
I agree, im not fond of vinyl. However half of the paint is fresh, money is low. So I will deal with it for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor