My Regal was hit!!!! Arg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
Dammit!! I just bought this car 5 days ago and it gets hit!!

A sales guy at work was pulling out from his parking space, talking on his cell phone and cut his wheel too sharp and hit my Regal in the front driver's side corner. The only thing he damaged was the bumper and he bent the support and cracked the turn signal light in the bumper. (You should see his Caravan, the bumper sliced the side open like a tin can!) Thank goodness the filler panel and headlight bezel are fine, other than a small scuff mark on the filler. Judging from the pics, can that bumper be saved or do I need a new one? I'm not going junkyard on the bumper. Where is a place to get a new one?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The bumper could be saved, but it would be cheaper to get another one. Junkyard is my first choice, but there are a few companies that specialize in classic car bumpers. I remember seeing one at a swap meet called "The Bumper Boys", and I think they deal online as well. Other than that, try Hemmings Motor News for a vendor. Keystone Automotive may also have one, but the quality of their bumpers can sometimes be substandard.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I would just go to the junk yard and swap it out. It would be more work to straighten that one, then go and kick the sales mans *ss :twisted:

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
that van got screwed up, he has way more in damages, ya i'd just get a new bumper at the junkyard and grab the bumper brackets at the same times, its probably worth your time if you find a decent one (aluminum maybe)

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
feewww...id be pissed but thankfully its just the bumper. Those are easy to find and replace, unless it was freakin elegant.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
That just proves that are older cars will always kick the new cars *ss in the parking lot. :p :p :lol:

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
Update...we're trying to find a new bumper....the one on the car is like a mirror so anything less wouldn't work. But the body shop guy was having a tough time finding an NOS or aftermarket bumper. According to his suppliers, aftermarket bumpers were discontinued and of course GM hasn't made new ones in years.

He found a bumper place in Denver that has a few junkyard Regal bumpers in stock and they will rechrome one for me and send it out. So it will be basically like a new genuine GM part. Takes two weeks but it beats a pitted out used one.

Judging by the damage on the Caravan, you would think that the Regal would have been badly hurt. Score one for Regal in the parking lot wars! :lol:

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
Just be sure you have the place you get the bumper from send you a picture to make sure it's the right one. As I once learned the hard way, they made different style bumpers for the same models and years. It usually involves weather or not the bumper has the rubber trim strip on it. You can't rechrome a bumper with the strip on it unless the strip is removed, and doing so usually damages it. And like everything else, a new rubber strip will not likely be available. Just something to watch out for. Send the bill to Slick Johnny Caravan :mrgreen:

-UT-

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
You can get new rubber strips. They aren't cheap, but they are available.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow sorry to hear your car got hit. +1 on showin the van who is boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor