my wagon ls swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolegtp12

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2012
olaton ky
no prob longroof if you do the work yourself and shop around u can do this swap on the cheap. the only thing im changing is im fixing to replace the truck oil pan with the holley version. A friend of mine is doin ls swap n his 56 bel air and he has the holley pan and man it looks awesome and the clearance is awesome The truck pan hangs down below the gbody crossmember so i will prob put on holley pan just to b safe.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Check out the Chevy Performance oil pan kit, its like $150.

And can we get a parts list of what you used? I'm tying to gather as much info as possible for when the time comes.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
kolegtp12 said:
no prob longroof if you do the work yourself and shop around u can do this swap on the cheap. the only thing im changing is im fixing to replace the truck oil pan with the holley version. A friend of mine is doin ls swap n his 56 bel air and he has the holley pan and man it looks awesome and the clearance is awesome The truck pan hangs down below the gbody crossmember so i will prob put on holley pan just to b safe.

I am using the CTS-V oil pan, it also fit's great...I traded my stock fbody oil pan for a brand new one.. 8) It does't hang below the crossmember and it has plenty of clearance using the Transdapt 1in setback plates.

newb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Sorry to bump an older thread, but Ive got a question.

What all had to be done to your wire harness? Did you just have the extra wires taken out, and have lengths changed? Also, who did the work on it?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What are you guys using for exhaust manifolds or headers on the LS swaps?

bigmandengo

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2010
Longroof79 said:

F-body exhaust manifolds fit with a relocated 02 sensor on the driver side. As far as headers go, modified f-body headers is a popular choice if you dont have the cash for the BRP's.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
bigmandengo said:
Longroof79 said:

F-body exhaust manifolds fit with a relocated 02 sensor on the driver side. As far as headers go, modified f-body headers is a popular choice if you dont have the cash for the BRP's.
Thanks man! I appreciate the information. I guess the F-body manifolds flow pretty well.. Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor