need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
hey everyone.
I was taking out the carb for cleaning and i broke the throttle cable end that attaches to the carb:

IMG_0726.jpg

i know its a bad pic but it gives you guys an idea. how would i go about fixing it?

BTW its a v6 3.8L 231

thanks

vlad

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'd just replace the cable, i think they're only about $30.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
If your talking about the part your holding, that is the tv cable for the transmission.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
To replace it, you will need to remove it from the transmission. Once you take the cable housing out, the cable itself will be hooked to a bent piece of steel wire about the thickness of a paperclip. You will need to disconnect it without letting the hooked wire drop into the transmission case. If you do and can't retrieve it, plan on pulling the pan. Also, be sure to thoroughly clean the area around the cable before removing it. Dirt is the enemy of automatic transmissions and you don't want to get any inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor