CUTLASS Need constructive opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ditto on the trunk only as long as it's a real LSX engine.
How many people could actually positively ID one? They are subtle and look good, now you just an emblem on your passenger tail light:).

Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I like the deck lid emblem but not the doors. Maybe consider some pinstripes like the factory to highlight the body lines. Btw nice ride!
timo22

Reactions: 2 users

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
How many people could actually positively ID one? They are subtle and look good, now you just an emblem on your passenger tail light:).

Yes I do!! I forgot to add that to my needed parts post. Is there anywhere to buy tail lights for these? I'd be ok with remanufactured if I had to go that route. Lol

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Trunk is okay. Maybe pull them off the doors, black one out and put it on the grille somewhere?
That car looks beautiful with all that black. Almost a shame to detract from that.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
Thanks for all of the compliments guys, she has been a labor of love to say the least.

Im sorry to inform all of you but you're all wrong!

Haha!! Just kidding, looks like I'm going to have to dig up the heat gun. I think I'll leave the trunk for now and go from there. If anyone can send me in the right direction for a set of nice tail lights I would appreciate it. I have to replace my hood due to my not very smart self. When I was doing the engine work I pushed the car out of the garage to clean and the wind caught the aluminum hood. I just picked up the Goodmark 2" cowl for her. I know, not American made but it is what it is. And $472 shipped from Rock Auto sounded really good compared to what I spent to swap it over.

Thanks again for the help guys, it's appreciated!

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
This is what she was before the emblems...
20180616_112835.jpg
20180616_112805.jpg

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice wheels!
They look vaguely familiar...

594227C1-F984-4641-8FC8-0975DEC96675.jpeg

Either way, beautiful car! Well done!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks, I wanted an newer twist on an older style wheel. Once I saw the Foose Knuckle I was in. What wheels are on yours?

Mine are Foose as well, very similar.
Nitrous Thrust II’s, 18x8 front and 18x10 rear with Toyo Proxes T1R tires.
It’s pretty hard to go wrong with a classic 5 spoke design on our cars IMO. That’s why I chose these as well, a newer twist on a timeless design, same as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor