need dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightluss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2010
i need a dipstick for a vortech block 5.7. the dipstick hole in the block is a lot smaller than the earlier model engines. i have a canton pan, but this problem is becomming very confusing, im just going to plug the pan and try to find a dipstick tube for the block. if it is not possible though, how does one plug the block's hole?

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Id say if you wanted to seal either hole just find u a brass plug with a flange on it and tap it into the hole with some sealer on it. The flange would stop it from going all the way down into ur motor and keep it on the surface if u ever wanted to take it out again

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
If its a vortec do like i did with my elcamino, just go to a junkyard and grab the dipstick out of a truck. gives it enough reach and is a cheap way to go about it. Just gotta find one with the same motor. Easy peasy lemon squeasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor