Need Some Feedback on Line Lock/Roll or Stage Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I kinda got the feeling you are not having as much success running the new class and looking at the differences why. Moving up to what I call the pro class you have just put yourself into a different talent pool. A lot of these guys have been at it for a long time and know what they are doing. Their equipment is race only and set-up race only. You are probably one of the slower cars in the class and leaving first (disadvantage 1st to red) The faster car has the race unfolding in front of him (advantage in options). You need to be on the tree .03 and better. Your car need to be deadly consistent (with in a hundredth). Most of these guys have weather stations and a lot of data to go with it - mine is a computer program that actually tells me what my car is going run for the conditions, even have a pager in the car that I can page the weather station right before my run. As I said earlier there is no real advantage with a brake bottom bulb racing. You come across like you think you are at a disadvantage - if you do then they are already in your head (advantage them). Then there are a lot of games going on that you will pick up on.

Reactions: 1 users

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
A lot of good advise in this thread, I was also thinking of a line lock,but now i dont think ill waste the $, Thanks again to all of you :mrgreen:

Flyinhillbilly

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2015
Urbanette, Arkansas
I always pumped my brakes up as hard as I could get them when I lit the pre stage bulbs, stood on the pedal for all I was worth, and used the throttle to just barley push the tires into the stage beam a little at a time keeping the throttle right on the edge of pushing the car and swapped feet when the tree came down. I cut lots of .40's and .4teens doing this (pro tree). Hope this helps.

Flyinhillbilly

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2015
Urbanette, Arkansas
I got good enough at it to where I could just stage it and make it happen, shocks, springs, and anti roll bars can play a big role in getting your RT's down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor