Need your opinion: Thinkin of adding a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
I've been thinking of adding a GN or MC SS spoiler to my trunk lid...I've always liked those a lot, since they keep a low profile and slope off the edge of the trunk. How do you think it'd look? Should I do it, or stay away from it?

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
I had a monte SS spoiler on my 86 cutty looked cool.....just had to cut the extensions off the end because the way cutlasses are the tail lights stretch to the top of the quarter panel and the spoiler actually crosses over it. Kind of hard to explain. The shape of the trunk lid is the same as the monte so there is no modification. If you ran a GN spoiler you wouldn't be able to use the end pieces because of the taillights.

waggin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Puget Sound, WA
Hmmm, tough call. I really like the clean lines of the cutlass, but that might enhance the appearance, since I really like the lines on the MC SS's. Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the elevated spoilers, but the trunk edge MCSS style might look really good. Have you tried photo-shopping a little w/a picture of your car? Or the low tech way, print a photo of it, then sketch the spoiler on? Maybe fodoimp has pics of theirs? If you do some photo editing, please post it. I'm probably not alone in being curious about how it looks.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
unfortunately I never got a pic of it before I sold it. Then you would see what I was talking about with it hanging over. I trimmed em off and it looked really good. Got alot of compliments on it.

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
fodoimp said:
I had a monte SS spoiler on my 86 cutty looked cool.....just had to cut the extensions off the end because the way cutlasses are the tail lights stretch to the top of the quarter panel and the spoiler actually crosses over it. Kind of hard to explain. The shape of the trunk lid is the same as the monte so there is no modification. If you ran a GN spoiler you wouldn't be able to use the end pieces because of the taillights.

Hmmmm...so you think using the SS spoiler would be a little better? I think I'll have one of my friends try and photoshop it on to see what it'll look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor