Never go on or register at ElCaminoCentral.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
I been a member there for over 3 years now. I had over 2500 post made there. I help them setup a nice get together at Carlisle PA All GM show last year. The problem is that the mods there put soooooooooo much of a tight string around what you can say. You can not use foul language on there and you can not even have a discussion on there about the mods without getting banned. Also I start my own El Camino forum since I did not like how El Camino Central was being run. So some of the members joined my site and said some bad things about ECC. Well the mod 87elcamino (biggest ahole of a mod ever on any forum) started to ban them just because they said some negative things about him. 87elcamino makes a ton of people angry and pisses them off. They have over 16thousand members on the forum and more then 86% do not post on there. So that show you how good of a mod he is. So do yourself a favor and stay away from that forum. You will save yourself a lot of heartache in the long run!!!!!

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Too late, I've been on there 3 years :lol: I don't think I ever posted though. Apparently stuff was missing from my profile info... wanted me to put my street address in? No thank you. I'll put my city, but they won't get my actual street address.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
yea i dont care for el camino central i posted some stuff for sale and before ur posting go up they have to approve it an guess what my post was deleted before it got posted because i didnt put a price? i idnt know what to ask for the item so i put make offer.....

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Tuggy24g,
Well, you've made my mind up. I'll not be joining ECC!
I'm registered at Malibu Thunder, but they never activated "oldtinsmith" so I can't use the site! They don't respond to my E-mails either!
I'm glad GBodyForum is a class act, and I'm happy here.

Doug

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
I have to say gbody forum is the best i've been on, oldspower is pretty good too but i dont visit it every day like i do here. I tried to sign up at one of the MC forums but it wouldnt let me for some reason (guess they knew I had a cutlass) so I tried again and still no luck, can honestly say i've never had a problem here and hopefully it'll stay that way

1983ss454

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2010
Ludlow MA
I honestly like ECC, this site doesn't impress me. Best place for G-body info in my mind is Maliburacing.com which almost everyone posted above belongs to, so I don't have to explain an farther

85gbody

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2010
Long Beach, Cali.
yeah i also have an account with ECC. :blam: not much help on there to begin with. plus the page is not as updated as this one. gbodyforum is the place for me.

86Limited

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2009
The Gunshine State, Fl
Tuggy24g, I understand where you are coming from and let me say now foul language and negativity doesnt bother me one bit but on the other hand it could effect someone else. I'm a member on a forum site that sounds like the rules and actions that are the same as what you are dealing with. The forum that Im also on has a wide range of people including a younger crowd aswell, If you have salt water aquariums you might be familiar with http://www.reefcentral.com. I do think one rule they should consider over here is the 100 post count sell rule or maybe 50. Example: In order to sell somthing you need a certain amount of post to show your some what active and a part of the gbody community. As you can notice there Is always sombody trying to sell somthing here and they have 1 post count, now me I'm skeptical on stuff like that and have a trust issue there. I would trust a member here alot more seeing they are some what more active by the number of post they have and showing some kind of interaction with others here. And also on reef central In order to sell somthing a price Is a must or yes the thread will be locked or deleted. I know mods and admins can be a PITA at times but they are definitely needed to keep the peace. Yes I have been on time out from logging on to a forum and just about banned so I can relate to what you are dealing with. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor