New 87 442 wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Does anyone make new 15" 87 442 wheels? My wheels are rusty in the normal areas, (if you live in a northern state) I bought a 87 442 and would like to replace the wheels, with new.

Thanks, Mark

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
I got my SSIII wheels from Jason at Blue Oval Ranch:

http://www.blueovalranch.com/

I am pretty happy with these and they come in different widths and diameters.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
Just checking out the blue oval ranch rims, in the picture it doesn't look like they have the pinstripe around the outer diameter of the wheel. It also looks like the gold is a little too bright, just my opinion or the pics could be a little off who knows. They do look nice though.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Check out Craigslist in Detriot auto parts #4144088538 There is a pic of wheels.
1986 442 wheels - $250 (Redford)

RARE Chrome 442 wheels 15 x 7 if your restoring a 1969 to 1986 442 olds this is a hard to find item comes with a set of tires all ready mounted
615-524-8969 Russ 250.00 OBO

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
My understanding is that all the reproductions pretty much come from the same initial supplier.
Chrome is of poor quality from my past experience.
I had flaking on the rim edge out of the box and rusting up within a year's time and have heard the same from others...
Backspacing is also incorrect at 4.25" instead of the factory 4".
Valve stem placement is incorrect.
Lip design is different.
There isn't a full bead weld on the backside.
If you are buying for a car that is not driven much and doesn't sit outside I would say they do the job.
I do not recommend them for daily use or for a concourse restoration.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I offered to sell wheel vintique 30 cores to get their stock up and going, They never called me back. They use core centers from original wheels to make new ones. Low and behold they had none...no cores...no way to supply the need and never called me back...So I went to a plater to have them redone......not cheap,,,but good

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Tried to contact the add in Michigan, with no reply. Was hoping the aftermarket wheels (blue oval ranch & other) were good quality, don't want to have 1 year old rusty wheels, I currently have 26 year old rusty wheels now. I'm not making a show car, just a nice driver that does not have rusty wheels. Maybe I will have to go with something different, just really like the original wheels, and would prefer to keep that style.

Thanks for your replies.
Mark

farteaga92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2014
Go ton 442.com and click on wheels them keep scrolling down till you see 1980's 442 wheels and he has list of suppliers of reproductions. That website is informational for our 442s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor