new brake line/hose leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcCuttY

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
i got a 85 cutlass and i just put in a brand new 1/4" line going to the rear and its leaking from the the top of the nut ,...can anyone give me r\some reasons why that would happen? i got the line preassembled at the store..

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Bad/sloppy flare job. Knick or scratch on flared surface. Nut not tight enough/crossthreaded. Single flare instead of proper double flare.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I've seen that plenty of times both with new lines that were pre-bent and flared, as well as lines we custom made for a certain application.
First thing to try is to loosen them a bit, and re-tighten them. Most of the time that takes care of it as it just needs some help getting properly seated on the flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor