New Cutlass owner in Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblazer1500

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
Altoona, PA.
Hello all! I just picked up a 1980 Cutlass Supreme a few weeks back. Needs some work on the floor, rear frame rail and brake lines but the body is solid and all original... I tried to locate the parts service label but I read on an online site it was attached to the spare tire cover from the factory which is no longer with the car. I guess I can go to a GM dealer service dept with my VIN and have them look up the specs??

Attachments

• 10710965_781541755218096_1030849605599651335_n.jpg
    10710965_781541755218096_1030849605599651335_n.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 502

cblazer1500

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
Altoona, PA.
I'm leaning towards deleting the HVAC since this is will be a fair weather car.. The car does sit lower on the driver side by a few inches so I will be replacing all the springs but I want a little higher in the back for that hot rod stance...

It's been over 10 years since I had a project car so I'm a little excited about it...

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
cblazer1500 said:
I'm leaning towards deleting the HVAC since this is will be a fair weather car.. The car does sit lower on the driver side by a few inches so I will be replacing all the springs but I want a little higher in the back for that hot rod stance...

It's been over 10 years since I had a project car so I'm a little excited about it...

I thought about deleting the whole HVAC system as well, however I decided to change to heat only, you should think about it as well you don't live far from me and when you think about it we have many nights and mornings when you need defrost. The A/C system is very ugly on these cars and is for the most part not needed in Western NY but the heat only is very clean under-hood, its tough to find all the components for the swap but in the end I think you will be glad you did, I know I am. It is amazing how many July cruise nights the windshield gets fogged up on other cars I have had

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Can't wait to see more of this car. I agree with Fox80 on the HVAC. This past summer was cool enough I used the defrosters frequently. Hell there were plenty of nights that I needed heat just to cruise with the windows down. Of course I do mostly roofing work in the summer so my body is accustomed to pretty extreme heat. 65* is pretty cold when just hours earlier I was in 100*+ rooftop temps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor