New Cutlass Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangmans8

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2010
I just picked up a 1980 cutlass wagon. it needs rear frame repair but is in good shape otherwise. need door weather striping and some other parts. do the 4 door malibu/buicks/olds use the same rear doors for parts? is there a restoration parts place?
thanks for any info.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
hangmans8 said:
I just picked up a 1980 cutlass wagon. it needs rear frame repair but is in good shape otherwise. need door weather striping and some other parts. do the 4 door malibu/buicks/olds use the same rear doors for parts? is there a restoration parts place?
thanks for any info.
========================================================================================================
You can use the parts such as door panels, interior trim, internals, and glass from Malibu, Buick, Pontiac, but the only doors that will interchange with an Olds would be Buick...different body lines.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Upper half of the rear doors are different between wagons and sedans. Parts like door panels and latches interchange, but the window frame, glass, and vent window are all different.

I bought new weather stripping for the doors on my Cutlass wagon from Metro-Molded through Rock Auto.

There's a fellow up in Canada that makes rear frame sections and there's also a fellow on ebay in California that always has clean original ones. Just make sure you get wagon specific rear frame rail sections.

hangmans8

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2010
can i put a 83 cutlass front clip on the car?

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
welcome! You'll love the community on this form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor