New DD, Inspired by NFS Carbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Not only that, but it`s a 4 seater, and a 4 door. And black leather interior with heated seats.

The "action" video will have to wait for spring when the snow's all gone though!

ym490.jpg

IronCastKnight

Apprentice
Sep 8, 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
That's another thing I really like about the RX-8: Mazda made a sedan with the sexy sleek styling of a coupe, and it's subtle enough that one doesn't even think it's a four-door until the suicide doors pop open. It's that ideal mixture of form and function that makes me love the RX-8 so much.

Seriously, I'm envious of your car.

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
454muscle said:
I used to play this game on the PC, and I just loved zipping around in the RX8.

I had to sell the 88 Caprice daily driver, it was in good shape but a pig on gas and was beginning to need work I couldn't afford. In it's place, I needed something a little better on gas and more reliable as a daily driver.

Sold:

So far it's received a remote starter and under dash LED lights. Loving it so far :)

Coming soon: dual resonated midpipe, stainless steel catback, 20" chrome wheel/tires, carbon fiber hood, trunk, spoiler and lip kit.

Rx8 mods are cheaper than fixing the old caprice? Lol.
I get it, Sometimes the old stuff just has to go.
I do like the new Mazda though 8)

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
It's more like a wishlist! Lol.

But yeah the Caprice was starting get some issues, such as failing steering column, some rust underneath, etc... so it had to go before it was too late.

journeyforce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2012
Mazda makes a lot of good stuff. I remember having bought a car from Carmax and it went in for a week of warranty work and the loaner car was a 2007 Mazda3 base(power windows/locks and auto trans) and the car had 80,000 miles on it and still felt tight with no rattles or issues. it was huge inside compared to what it looked like on the outside and it felt good to drive.

I tried trading in the car I bought that was in for the warranty work for it but because it is in Maryland, it needed to be MSI again.

Here is a pic of it

IMG00027-20100409-2058.jpg

My time with it was the same time where MD had super hot weather

IMG00026-20100409-2057.jpg

But the air on full blast was chilly and even with the air on full the car did not bog down

That RX-8 is a gas pig but still much more fun to drive then the previous daily

good luck with your car

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Thanks bro. It's a joy to drive each and every time!
Cheers :friday:

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Just thought I'd update my DD thread... been a while:

Wheels: MRR GT05, 20x10 ET 45 front and back
Tires: 275/30/ZR20 Yokohama
8mm spacers on fronts to clear brake caliper
Rolled fender lips
Modified front wheel well liners to avoid rubbing
Coilovers: coming soon
New stainless 4" burnt tip exhaust is in, just not installed yet
10" T210D2 Rockford Fosgate 800 Watt RMS subwoofer in zenclosures box
Pioneer 800 watt RMS amp, zero gauge power kit. 6 farad stiffening cap between seats

Oh, and uhhh... mind the 4 INCH LIP all around

2qkqsy0.jpg

2qmp2j6.jpg

9ll5hi.jpg

28ajdpx.jpg

w1z0ur.jpg

3497328.jpg

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
*cough*autocross it*cough-cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor