New drivetrain help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillability

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
the pictures are in my gallery i dont know how to post them in this topic. the one in the car at the moment has a th200 pan. the one i have now has the th350 pan. i dont have time to be investing in an OD transmission because at the moment i have no reverse and can only drive in one gear because the transmission does not shift. i dont know if this is the tourque that ruined the transmission or fluid not getting through the passages. i already bought the transmission and plan to rebuild it this week. trust me i dont like driving loud and obnoxious going 40 down the road at 4000rpm but i gotta get to work somehow and i cant even get on the highway.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sounds like a TH350c by your description. Make sure you flush your cooler before you hook it up.

pillability

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
th350c got it down. its just the electrical connection that lockups have. th200c has a 4 prong connection. th350c has a 2 prong connection. i just want to know the best way to convert this.

pillability

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
converted the the350c to a regular th350 got a stage 1 shift kit, heavy duty clutches, furnaced brazed torque converter. but what might work and what wont? im pretty sure the shifter bracket from either the th200 or th350 will work, im also somewhat positive the cooling lines should work without bending, but i doubt the th200 dipstick will work and i dont think th350 dipstick will have the right shape its out of an 81' suburban, my biggest maybe is if the speedo cable will work with the conversion.

pillability

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
nevermind all that the transmission is in and working just fine. thanks for all the help and suggestions. next thing is the rear end. what should i be looking for?

pillability

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
im lookin at a street and strip car but mostly street since its my daily driver. its got a rebuilt 355 that i still plan on helping in the hp area but thatll be way later in the future. on dynosim its making something like 250hp and 400tq. i just put in a th350 with a stock rebuild, heavy duty clutches, and a stage 1 shift kit. the tourque converters stall speed is 1360 i think. its got the stock rear end at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor