Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch bu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
vlaardingen "the netherlands"
wel i got some time left last winter..
and i retiered mine old 229 cui v6..it was slow an tired,,

so i put in, a with a spraycan rebuild.. :mrgreen: chevy 305 cui.
its a block from 1978 and with a manifold from 1969 with a 2 bbl rochester..and i must say ..
its supriced me.. for a 305 ..its going pretty strong.. i think its due to the manifold wich was already mounted when i bought the engine..i looked op the partnumber
and it was mounted on some 220 hp chevelles etc..

but what a diverence with the old v6...i already got the th350 so that is not a problem for all that horsepower.. :mrgreen:

14.jpg

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/hotbird/14.jpg[/IMG]

12.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

16.jpg

Afb0546.jpg

it dit not start up in the first time but that is due the enginge did,nt run in almost ten years
so that was a bit of a gamble.... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFVcEOeSUO4

if i had got monney fallen out of a tree or something alse i would put in a 383 stroker ..but this wil do just fine and i,m happy with it ..greeting from the netherlands

Nice looking engine. Get yourself a 4bbl intake and carb and you would probably really love it, maybe a set of headers too.

I'd be looking to install a fan clutch and get rid of the flex fan. It will run smoother and reduce engine drag. I learned about that with a 327 I had back in the day! It always felt like there should have been another gear change.

RITTER said:
CHRIS.O said:
Nice looking engine. Get yourself a 4bbl intake and carb and you would probably really love it, maybe a set of headers too.
That's stupid :|
The 2 barrel is plenty :mrgreen:
:blam:

G-Body_Vet said:
I'd be looking to install a fan clutch and get rid of the flex fan. It will run smoother and reduce engine drag. I learned about that with a 327 I had back in the day! It always felt like there should have been another gear change.[/quote

is that true..? i have a bit of the same problem the car is running fine but its like the transmission is slipping or something in 3rth gear..i had the flexfan instaled due to better cooling...
but the temperature is the same with the original one..!!
and its makes a bit of a noice to..! like a plane takes off.. :mrgreen:

InSaNe said:
Did you paint it with engine enamel?
you can believe it or not.. i paited it with standard spray paint ...the same you put on metal ..i have drove the car for several miles now..and the paint sits still just fine.... 8)

I would get rid of the flex fan too. Whats the point of it always having drag on the motor through the fan? Plus I have seen a few actually come apart under load.

CHRIS.O said:

i thought i had to do that also but belive me..i have droven several 305 with a 4bbl...
bud i believe for this tipe of a engine a two bbl wil work just fine.. it realy got lots of oomp ..to much of a carb for a 305 sometimes wont work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor