New from AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmachine85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2009
Hey guys, new to the board so I thought id share a little information about myself. I am 24yrs old. Currently I am in Afghanistan on my second deployment over seas. I am a cavalry scout in the Army. Before that I went to school at north central kansas technical college in automotive technology. Me and a couple buddies do late model gm performance parts mods and tuning out of a garage. Plan is for all of us to get out of the army in the next 3 years and make an actual buisness out of it in Houston.

OK, now for the good stuff. I Used to own a 1984 Monte Carlo LS w/ 4" cowl hood mild 350 w/ TH350, 4.10 gears etc... and I kick myself in the dick every day for selling it. So I just bought a new toy in the form of a 1987 GN.

Heres the mods list:

Motor, girdled stock block, .030 over bore, trw forged pistons stock crank and rods, arp fastners through out built and balanced by adb in anchorage. Heads are stock casting heavily ported big valves t&d roller rockers with matching intake and pelenum.

Cam is iirc 214/214 roller, motor has approx 500 total miles.

Current turbo is a p63E with an .85 ex housing. 3" down pipe runs to a single shot 3" stainless exhaust.

Car runs a modified stock ecu with Max efforts ME-r thumbwheel adjustable chip. Fuel and timing adjustable.
Injectors are 63lb siemans and car is equiped with a razors progressive meth inj kit and a dynojet wide band with gauge.

Trans is a PTE street strip killer 200R4 with a PTE 911 3600 stall convertor with approx 2000 miles shifts well no issues to date.

Rear is OEM 8.8 with c clip eliminators moser 33 spline axels and full spool. 3.42 gears. Boxed lower control arms and bigger rear sway bar.

Full certified crome moly cage.

Car will run on 90 octane with the alky inj and reasonable boost 16-18 psi. On 116 the boost limit is about 26psi. Car went 133mph at 24 psi.

pictures to come soon.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Sounds like a sweet ride!!!!

gasmachine85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2009
Thanks guys, been checking out alot of the wagons on this site. Might pick one up in the future for a nice build. In the mean time i plan on doing a dual exhaust, nitrous and some more suspension work for now on my GN and maybe build a new bullit next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor