New from AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Good afternoon everyone, just registered here after picking up my first Gbody. I come from a long line of modified FI import cars, but decided to try something different after selling my bike and turbo project.

I’ve long been a fan of Regals and was actually looking for one when I ran across this and couldn’t pass it up. With a pretty solid body, very little rust, and the fact I don’t see them driving around this area, I decided to pull the trigger for $900. This Landau has an already running 305, with power windows, AC / PS, power trunk and already has an exhaust.

I’m pretty much going to use this car to learn how to reupholster, do fiberglass work, and remember how to paint and do body work on older cars while rescuing one of my favorite body styles from the late 70s. This seems like a pretty great forum so I definitely look forward to learning all I can in the process to be able to do things the right way.

94f907d4e92a4fa22ebf0c1043968328.jpg
7eb1c4299e29d510bf745ce39207557e.jpg
a894d50d1758c539c89f97b547a956f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
Good afternoon everyone, just registered here after picking up my first Gbody. I come from a long line of modified FI import cars, but decided to try something different after selling my bike and turbo project.

I’ve long been a fan of Regals and was actually looking for one when I ran across this and couldn’t pass it up. With a pretty solid body, very little rust, and the fact I don’t see them driving around this area, I decided to pull the trigger for $900. This Landau has an already running 305, with power windows, AC / PS, power trunk and already has an exhaust.

I’m pretty much going to use this car to learn how to reupholster, do fiberglass work, and remember how to paint and do body work on older cars while rescuing one of my favorite body styles from the late 70s. This seems like a pretty great forum so I definitely look forward to learning all I can in the process to be able to do things the right way.

94f907d4e92a4fa22ebf0c1043968328.jpg
7eb1c4299e29d510bf745ce39207557e.jpg
a894d50d1758c539c89f97b547a956f5.jpg

Training Day

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Good score. Can't go wrong with a Monte Carlo...especially that generation.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ. Nice car. Do not hesitate to ask any questions and use the forum search for past postings which has a ton of info and knowledge.

Good luck with your Monte Carlo.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Glad you saved another G from the crusher. [emoji4] BTW, love the Tweety Bird floormats. You have to keep those! [emoji1]

Oh yeah, they definitely have to stay [emoji23]

Welcome aboard! Good score. Can't go wrong with a Monte Carlo...especially that generation.

Yeah I’d say so too. It doesn’t seem to need too too much to get back on the road but we shall see once I start flushing fluids because it’s been sitting for about a year or so.. I’ve always loved this gen, because I don’t see them often around here at all and because of that movie... with the crooked cops.... that Denzel played in..

Reactions: 2 users

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Welcome from AZ. Nice car. Do not hesitate to ask any questions and use the forum search for past postings which has a ton of info and knowledge.

Good luck with your Monte Carlo.

Absolutely... I’ve already spent a LOT of time looking for all kinds of info on what is interchangeable between other models and security because apparently these are super easy to steal. I’ve already had a lot of interest in it before I could even get it off the trailer back home

Training Day

Lol I’m trying to avoid painting it black.. every car I’ve owned / own is black, gray or silver. I’m consistent I guess

Reactions: 1 user

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
Oh yeah, they definitely have to stay [emoji23]

Yeah I’d say so too. It doesn’t seem to need too too much to get back on the road but we shall see once I start flushing fluids because it’s been sitting for about a year or so.. I’ve always loved this gen, because I don’t see them often around here at all and because of that movie... with the crooked cops.... that Denzel played in..

thats the main reason im a fan of the 78 79

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor