New from central Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
Hello people, just picked up an '82 Regal with some sort of 350 swap for pretty cheap. This is my first RWD V8 vehicle. It is not it the best of shape but it is just something to have fun with. I have always had a weird thing for G bodies and this one was very local so I got pretty lucky with it. I have had lots of different cars over the years but I finally pulled the trigger on an old school American V8. I look forward to hanging around the forums at odd hours of the night and spending money on things that I shouldn't :banana:

image1 (1).jpeg
image2.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
Welcome and good luck with your project

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Welcome. The whiteout trim and wheel choice leads me to believe that it was a pretty sharp car in the late 80s. Any info on the Olds engine?

Reactions: 1 users

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
Welcome. The whiteout trim and wheel choice leads me to believe that it was a pretty sharp car in the late 80s. Any info on the Olds engine?

Is that what it is? Like an Olds 307 or something? I can’t identify these things by just looking at them. It doesn’t matter what is in it right now anyway lol.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah. A block casting number from near the oil fill tube and the head number would answer some questions. I'd bet your car originally had a Buick 3.8 in it.

• Agree

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
I didn’t look into any of that last night I just dropped it off and the shop and went to bed. I was about to head out to look over all that stuff.

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Nice Regal! What is the number stamped on the bottom left of the head below the valve cover? That should give you a starting point to which small block Olds you have.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
I will have to clean it off and check it out tonight. I did climb under it and look at the rear end which still seems to be the lame 7.5 inch.
Ultimately want to do a 4.8 or 5.3 LS with a properly sized Holset. Not sure if I want to do the typical all white or maybe white with gray along the bottom to match the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor