new from Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2008
Reno, NV
Hey guys, I'm from Reno Nevada. I have a '79 GMC Caballero Diablo still under construction. Currently has a nicely built 355, Dart SR heads, Edelbrock intake and carb, RV cam (that's getting changed soon), roller-tip rockers, Flowmaster exhaust, Trans Am front sway bar. In need of new paint. Not many El Camino's around here (or g-bodies), probably that pesky snow problem we have every winter. Anyway, hope to find some good info on here or other El Camino owners in the area. Pics here in the photo album http://gbodyforum.com/photos/index-12839.html

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I still double take when I see a GMC G Body, everytime. Thats a cool car you got there, lookin good too. Welcome to the forum.

desertcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2008
Reno, NV
Caballero project...

Thanks, even though I own a GMC, it still seems weird that it is really an El Camino. But I don't mind..Diablo is pretty much the same as an SS (at least that's what I've been told). The paint is actually in pretty bad shape so that's something I'm hoping to fix soon. Just painted the front grill and headlight bezels satin black last weekend. Not sure about how it will look, I have several option...one of them being an El Camino MAD MAX replica (you know, all matte finish black and ultra dark grey paint, black trim, black wheels, etc.) An Aussie guy over at Elcaminocentral thought that one would look cool. And since Nevada is a desert...

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
GMC? Very cool, welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor