New from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2007
Hello everybody, Cleveland area here. I have been lurking around for the last few weeks. You guys are a great resource for G-body Fans, I recently started a frame off restoration on a 1983 Elcamino I am getting very excited. I just installed a Nine inch rear with 3.50 gears, Hotchkis A arms, F41 sway bars and boxed trailing arms. I will be dropping in a built 350 turbo trans , a 355 with trick flow heads, with an air gap intake and Hooker super comp headers. I also picked up a surpentine set up off Ebay. By the way does anyone have any suggestions to aquire a set of AC lines that are the correct length. The compresor will be on the passengers side versus the driver side. Hence, the lines will be shorter. Would the lines from a later F body work? 😀 :?:

The paint will be artic white with Blue SS stripes to match the blue the underbody and blue interior. I still have not decided on wheels. Does anyone have any suggestions? what wheels will fit?
Thanks guys

kjs said:
Hello everybody, Cleveland area here. I have been lurking around for the last few weeks. You guys are a great resource for G-body Fans, I recently started a frame off restoration on a 1983 Elcamino I am getting very excited. I just installed a Nine inch rear with 3.50 gears, Hotchkis A arms, F41 sway bars and boxed trailing arms. I will be dropping in a built 350 turbo trans , a 355 with trick flow heads, with an air gap intake and Hooker super comp headers. I also picked up a surpentine set up off Ebay. By the way does anyone have any suggestions to aquire a set of AC lines that are the correct length. The compresor will be on the passengers side versus the driver side. Hence, the lines will be shorter. Would the lines from a later F body work? 😀 :?:

The paint will be artic white with Blue SS stripes to match the blue the underbody and blue interior. I still have not decided on wheels. Does anyone have any suggestions? what wheels will fit?
Thanks guys

You probably want to post your question in the engine swap forum, but I'll answer it here. Both the Olds 307 and Buick 231 V6 engines use that location for their compressors, so look at them in the junkyard and see if either of them fits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor