New from TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2011
I am new to this forum and I am from TX...currently in Iraq and glad to be here.
My father had a 78 Nova he bought new. I loved that car and told myself i will love to have one one day. Fast forward 30 years...here I am working on my lil Air Cooled VW bug (my other passion), my wife pulled up in the driveway telling me she found her classic car! I told myself, cannot be a bug because she do not like them (cannot drive manual). She tells me to get on her car, she was going to show me where the car was and inmediatly asked when can we pick it up. I was like whoaa! Lets see how the car looks, can we? She agrees...while in route she is telling where 'her' car will park and for me to move some of my junk! :shock: out of the garage in order to fit her car in there...she do not want it to be under the weather. By now I am stepping on the gas in order to hurry up and end what it seems a 'bad dream'.
To make a long story short: I will like to restore it for her to drive. Keep the 305 with perhaps, a bigger cam or something that can keep her along with traffic, etc., etc.
I will ask all the stupid questions later on.
I just wanted to introduce myself...here is what her 78 EL Camino looks like:

Attachments

• DSC01651.jpg
    DSC01651.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC01654.jpg
    DSC01654.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC01657.jpg
    DSC01657.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 508
panin,
Welcome aboard! Nice trucklet project your wife has and I'm sure she will enjoy getting her hands dirty working on it. I like it (I've got an 80 E.C.)! Enjoy yourself here too.

doug

Thanks 84SS. I have been browsing the forum for a while and i like what I have read so far. I too went to elcaminocentral and not only took me 4 days to register…the site was slooooow. I will have lots of questions for sure. I am mechanically inclined up to certain level so; I am exited to be here.

panin,

I'm sorry for not mentioning it in my previous post, but I must say thank you for your service! It's because of you and your brothers and sisters in the services that we are able to enjoy our hobby! My son served in Iraq about three years ago

Doug

Thanks Doug.
I am sure she will love to get dirty working on her car as her father (RIP) used to own a body shop in Greenville, SC. She keeps going back to her childhood memories on how she used to help to prep the cars for painting. I am not sure if she will get 'too' dirty now...i do know she willingly will keep the garage fridge well stock.
Oldies radio station playing; her sitting on her favorite garage folding chair and helping sipping on some adult beverages will do for me.

You are welcome. This is my fourth time over this end...only this time i am working as a contractor. Big difference in stress and everything else. I retired in 05 and kept supporting the troops one way or another. I will not have it any other way!

patmckinneyracing said:
Welcome to the site! Whereabouts in Texas are you? I'm on the northwest side of San Antonio in Leon Springs.

Nice.
A good friend of mine live over that area...off Holliwood Park, somewhere in that area.
I live in Killeen, home of Ft hood.

Thanks for your service. Looking for your safe return. Keep us updated on your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor