New From Way Upstate NY 79 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearheadmike79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2015
West Chazy ny
Hello I'm new here from way upstate ny (West Chazy) look it up lol. Anyways I've been looking for a older gm car to fix up and hot rod around with and I ended up trading my 82 gmc sq body for a 79 Monte Carlo with 46k it had the 267 sbc v8 with the th350. Body is solid and frame is good!!! Usually any g- body car around my area the rear frame rails are rotted out. I already pulled engine and trans and pulled the inner fenders heater/ac unit and engine wire harness out. As I'm going to clean it up and paint the engine bay gloss black. I have a 350 vortec I'm going to drop in and adding a trans go shift kit to trans. I just want a fun car to cruse and hot rod around in. Hope to learn some new stuff and meet some new people here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 310

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome, it's a great place to start. I've been lusting after a 78-80 Monte Carlo since was a kid, I love that body style. Welcome to the site

Gearheadmike79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2015
West Chazy ny
Thanks and I to like the style there's a few g body's in my area but very few montes and plus I like the fact of having a full frame car.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Welcome to the site. Nice monte is one of my fav g bod. Styles. Luckily you have a 100% frame most of us dont lol. What are you going to do with your sbc.

Gearheadmike79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2015
West Chazy ny
It's pretty much just a stock vortec with edelbrock air gap intake and edelbrock 650 carb and Flowtec headers. In time I wanna do a complete rebuild bore it over and cam it and maybe some port matching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor