New From Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Picked up my first (titled in my name) metric classic. 1981 Olds Cutlass, was to good to pass up on the deal so I got another project. Car is very nice and some one did a lot of work before I got it. SBC 305 with at th350 trans headers and dual exhaust all ready in stalled. Ordered the parts Monday and should be started by the weekend. I ordered a new shifter for the trans, it will also be replaced with a trans built for bracket racing. This is being built as a bracket car for other people to drive to and from the track. New converter from Hughes with a 1800-2200rpm stall, the reason is that the motor is a 383 that I build for the grunt. Cam is a EX270 Hyd. roller from comp cams, ported Vortec heads with good springs and studs and guide plates with 1.5 roller rockers. Out back the stock 7.5 is getting a upgrade with a 2000 Camaro Torsion posi with 28 spline Moser axels and studs with a T/A braced cover and 3.42 gears to complete the setup. I am trying to get away with a 275/60/15 street tire and not going to a set of DR if I can help it. I did a Buick Regal a few years ago with a 350 instead of the 383 and a little cam and it worked great. Soft on the 60ft but pulled 103mph in the big end. Made a lot of money with that car and combo for the two years I raced it. Did a 383 and the 270hyd roller cam and th350 trans for a guy that has no clue what or how things work and it runs 108mph et suck because of no posi or tire combination. More information when I get into the build. I build a lot of SBC motors using the Vortec heads with some very impressive results. Just Ask

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome to the site.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor