New G body fan, Toronto Elky SS NUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2006
Toronto
Hi there another Canadian G Body Lover, (were not all Ski-Doo lovers EH) , just dropped resto on my 87 SS monte to donate nose, interior & 350 driveline for newly aquired 84 Elky from florida. Monte parts already listed on here, (great site!). Maybe someone out there has done this swap before, and could pass on any tips, as to what difficulties arise. almost finished stripping monte.... hope i'm keeping everything i will need? thanks for reading my intro, have tons of cars, parts and tandem axel car haulers (new/slightly used) for sale. Contact me, maybe able to help you out with somethng. This is only a hobbie for me, and not a bussiness. talk soon, ted in toronto

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
welcome to the forum and if I think your the one who was selling parts on a site in Toronto that I suggested to visit this forum...if you are I'm appreciate your joining up....and it's always great to hear about parts for sale close by...I'm in Kitchener... :D

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Welcome! Nice to see another El Camino fan out there.

Jul 27, 2006
Toronto
pontiacgp said:
welcome to the forum and if I think your the one who was selling parts on a site in Toronto that I suggested to visit this forum...if you are I'm appreciate your joining up....and it's always great to hear about parts for sale close by...I'm in Kitchener... :D

Yes your right, it was your idea for me to check out this site, thanks again.
My buddy and I started buying/hauling cars up from the US, seems to b working out well after the first year, just a hobby, but we have met a great bunch of people/new contacts on our travels. Still lots of nice southern G bodies, just waiting to make some Canadian owners dreams come true. Anyways, I'm hoping there is someone on this forum that has done the Monte SS front end clip swap to elky, it's well on its way now, so theres no going back. Have a great weekend, ever need anything give me a call, might have it/or know where to find it.
ted in toronto

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm looking for interior parts for an '86 Grand Prix. The plastic covers for the ends of the pull straps on the doors. Also some console parts. Anything like that available?

87AeroSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2006
Wisconsin
I am in the process of doing this swap to an 80 el camino SS.. You will need the front clip and doors. The hard part is the monte lower body lines are different.. I am using lower door skins for a malibu/el camino, and welding them on to the bottom of the monte doors.. I am also using a malibu/el camino lower fender (the part right in front of the doors), and welding that on to the monte fender.. And obviously the door windows will need to be swapped. I hope this helps you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor