New H/O owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOAdrian

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2015
Gainesville, FL
Purchased an 84 H/O about two months ago. Solid, rust-free, low mileage hardtop car that hasn't been butchered. The interior is in good condition for the most part. The 307 was replaced with a stock 403 running off the computer. The 200-4R has been rebuilt for firm shifts and improved durability, but no billet drum. It's had a repaint at some point (silver at least) and needs to be repainted again, but it is servicable for now. Stainless steel headers and a great sounding dual exhaust.

Needs some minor things: power antenna fixed, power seat fixed, cruise control (servo and brakets gone), instrument lighting, etc. Basically an excellent foundation to start with. I plan several upgrades, including Blazer brakes, TrueTrac differential, fuel injection, and maybe some suspension work. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about the engine yet. I have a pretty hot 403 in my 67 Vista Cruiser that I may swap in after a fresh set of gaskets, rings, and a cam upgrade. I have a 60 over 455 hydraulic roller engine ready to go, but I'd probably have to say goodbye to the headers and 200-4R. A lot more work to get it in. The third option is an LS1 and 4L60E out of an 02 T/A. No need to rush into any decisions. It runs pretty well as is.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome from West Michigan.

Doug

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome from Gainesville , Fl....:D

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
welcome from northern North Carolina!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor