New member from NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Formerly from Brooklyn.. Where in NY are you from? Any leads on a wagon you are currently pursuing? Good luck in your search. Let us know what you come across.

Reactions: 2 users

G-Body NY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2022
I'm in the Hudson Valley just north of the city. Lived on Long Island as a kid. I have been casually looking for a wagon for the past few years and there were a few I should of jumped on but just didn't I am also restoring a 1991 Mustang SSP NYSP car so space is at a premium. I recently had a lead on a 1980 V8 wagon with a manual transmission, posi rear, rally gauges and fully loaded. I went to check it out and the guy failed to tell me that it has been sitting since 1986 and has been flooded numerous times since it sits near a creek. It also is buried up to the rockers and is full of junk. What a shame. Part of me wants to get it as a parts car but again space is at a premium for me. I am looking for a decent driver that can be modded down the road.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm in the Hudson Valley just north of the city. Lived on Long Island as a kid. I have been casually looking for a wagon for the past few years and there were a few I should of jumped on but just didn't I am also restoring a 1991 Mustang SSP NYSP car so space is at a premium. I recently had a lead on a 1980 V8 wagon with a manual transmission, posi rear, rally gauges and fully loaded. I went to check it out and the guy failed to tell me that it has been sitting since 1986 and has been flooded numerous times since it sits near a creek. It also is buried up to the rockers and is full of junk. What a shame. Part of me wants to get it as a parts car but again space is at a premium for me. I am looking for a decent driver that can be modded down the road.
I know a guy who's a member here and lives up in the Hudson Valley area. He owns a Malibu wagon with a big block in it. Haven't heard from him in awhile.
Yeah, that '80 wagon sounds like a bonafide parts car. I'm sure once you got it out of the mud you'll realize that a good portion of the car is rusted away...especially sitting there for over 30 yrs. I suppose if you can get it cheap enough and there's still some good useful parts on it, it might be worth it.
Finding a decent Malibu wagon might require some travel.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Welcome aboard!! And yes, those wagons :love:, just something about them. I'm sure the G body family here will keep all eyes open for you if one pops up!!! Great starting point to join, where your chances of finding a good one at a fair price is most likely. Good luck!!

Will

Reactions: 1 users

G-Body NY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2022
I know a guy who's a member here and lives up in the Hudson Valley area. He owns a Malibu wagon with a big block in it. Haven't heard from him in awhile.
Yeah, that '80 wagon sounds like a bonafide parts car. I'm sure once you got it out of the mud you'll realize that a good portion of the car is rusted away...especially sitting there for over 30 yrs. I suppose if you can get it cheap enough and there's still some good useful parts on it, it might be worth it.
Finding a decent Malibu wagon might require some travel.
Yeah I spoke with him on another forum, Garage Journal. He actually works at the dealer close to my house. He doesn't post much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor