New Member-"Retirement is HEAVEN"

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanz406

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2007
Latrobe,Pa
😀 Hi , I'm Dean, retired for 6 yrs now--I've been playing with G-Bods for 20+ yrs.I've owned& restored 28 Malibus-2 Grand Prix LJ--2 ElCaminos--8 Buick Regals.I LOVE these cars-so simple to work on--a lot of interchangibility between most--last of the full framed mid size GM's--great 4 link suspension--they respond well to perf mods,and in my opinion, they are the last of GM's real Detroit Iron.
I currently have an 87 Regal Limited w/357 S/B-350 Turbo w/3800 stall--GN 8.5 w/4:10 .Raced it at the end of last season-11.84 @ 116-1/4mi.I am in the process of restoring an 81 Malibu Landau.Plans include a S/B 406-10.5comp. pump gas,hyd cam,3500 stall 350 turbo.4.10 7.5.My other street toy is an 83 Regal with a 334 S/B Chev--350 turbo-3000 stall--4.10 7.5.I'm hoping this little puppy will click some 12.70's.Comp [email protected] Heads w/full comp port job-Victor jr,750D.P.
I have a huge collection of parts that I have gathered over the years,and I have everything I need to finish my last 2 projects.I will be listing a bunch of stuff on the for sale forum,a lot quite rare,and I will try to take as many pics as possible.I also hope I can contribute to the forums in any way.Thanks,Dean

damn, thats a nice collection!
welcome to the site.

Welcome to site Dean! Sounds like you have a good bit of experience with G-Bodys.

welcome to the site seems like you really love these cars that's good to see welcome welcome welcome!

welcome!! sounds like you have some real nice stuff lying around! i would love to see some pictures if you get a chance!

Welcome to the site. Definetly sounds like you have come across alot of nice $hit over the years! 😀

Welcome!! Sounds like your a man who knows his stuff. Sounds like you have some real nice hot rods also. We can't wait to see some pictures of those nice rides you got.

Welcome to the greatest full Gbody site on the web!!! Can we see some pictures of your restorations?? 😀

RE-Pics coming

Thank all you guys for the warm welcome.I am working on getting my pics loaded up,and will try to have some of them posted over the weekend.Over the years,I have done many swaps,to help my local Gbody friends.Some are unusual,but all worked very well.I have put a Regal dash&interior in a Malibu.I put a GP dash in a Monte-a Cutlass dash in a Malibu-installed Big Block Chevys in at least 1 of each model.Last summer put a 455 Olds in a Monte SS,have done 3 Malibu's with 500 Cadillac motors.I loved the Caddy transformation.I have also done most popular rearend combos--8.5 10 bolt--12 bolt---Ford 9"---Did a Malibu and installed swivel bucket seats from a 73 Laguna-that was a bit complicated because of ride height-and rail installation,but did get it in, and comfortable for owner.
You know--each one of these projects was really fun,and I learned a lot.I think that is why I am so fond of these cars.I will NEVER be without one.If I can contribute anything to help another GBod owner,just let me know.
Many thanks again,Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor