Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2010
Hi Everyone.... New to the forum.... just joined yesterday.

I have a G-Body ('80) El Camino that I am building for the street/strip. Bought as a daily driver (Alabama car) instead of the S10 the owner also had for sale. So I not only ended up with a daily driver but also a "cool car" for back and forth to work.

Now you guys know what happened next.... the old "hot rodder" blood started to stir and before I knew it the once "daily driver" turned into a "project car".

So far I have done quite a bit of restoration work on the body and also changed the interior carpets and put in leather power seats from a Monte Carlo. The biggest change was to swap the V6 for a "built-up" 355 SBC engine (400+hp) with a 5 speed.

Additional changes will be the addition of a 9" Ford rearend and a Crystallite IROC Z front nose along with a Corvette rear rollpan and eventually a tubular A-Arms - an NHRA/IHRA approved roll cage - fuel cell with electric fuel pump w/return - better heads and a crossram intake manifold (two 4's) etc .... etc ... etc...... and the "beat goes on"!!!!!!

So here I go again..... old hot rodders never change....

Attachments

• IROC 28 Front - Vette Rear.jpg
    IROC 28 Front - Vette Rear.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor