Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Just wanted to introduce myself and thank the members that make this happen. In my life time I have owned 5 cutlass supremes, nothing personal on the other Gbodies, there is something about the cutlass. Currently I own an 87 cutlass supreme original that i use as a daily driver. I admit I have been going back and forth on this site for years, more recently in the last 2 years and it has saved my *ss! Last night I was going to the store car turned on and then right off. It cracked up just never turned on. After coming on this site, went out took apart my distributor cap and found that my ignition coil had shorted out on the red wire. This morning I replaced it and boom my cutty fired up. Thanks again for this site and I will definitely be interacting now that I have plans on an LS swap.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome, no problem being biased to one model. After the El Camino, which I have, an all black or Med. dark blue Cutlass Supreme 81-88 were my favorite Gs

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! I'm glad that you found the site helpful. Thank you for taking your time for an introduction. So many new members don't know what that is...nor do they care.

Reactions: 2 users

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Thanks guys, it means a lot.
Longroof79 thanks, u are one of the guys that had some good input on an issue with AC vacuum plug a while back I remember your name... thanks. However bad news, once I replaced the ignition coil it cranked up good, I shut it off then on and off. Two hours later I was going for a drive and didn’t travel far when it died. I pushed it back to my parking spot. Returned the coil and got another one, I put it on and same issue won’t start. I have a good battery and alt. I used a spark tester and no spark. I did get power going to distributor... I’m lost for words and really tired. Right now I pulled off the “radio capacitor” not knowing that’s what it’s called and did research but did not find anything concrete on it. Any help would be appreciated.

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Hello and a "BIG" welcome to the Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us here and thanks for your 1st post and introduction.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome from West Michigan.

Doug

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor