new one from the netherlands..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch bu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
vlaardingen "the netherlands"
hello mine name is vincent, and as you can see i,m from the flatlands..(the netherlands ) in a town called Vlaardingen.

i drive a 1980 malibu classic stationwagon..and i,m verry fond of this car...

it has a 229cui v6..for now..but i,m planning to do the v8 swap..becouse the six is a bit onderpowered for a 1600 kg car..but for now its fine..
and becouse of the gasprice here in holland 1.60 per liter in euro,s thats 6,-$ per gallon...?
i,ll run on l.p.g (liquid propane gas) the tank is built in where normely the spare tyre is..now it,s 0.60 eurocents a liter 2.40,-$ per gallon..thats what you guys pay for pumpgas..in the usa..??

i,ts not mine first malibu in the previous years i drove a 79 malibu coupe..and a 78 4drs sedan whith a f14 pakkage..loved that car !..bud thats manny years ago..i,ll hope to learn from you guys and mabey i can tell you some things...grtz vincent

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

SNCapril08193.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Welcome to the forum man. Thats a nice lookin wagon you got.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
velkommen! Very nice looking wagon you have there! How long have you owned it? Our gas where I am is around $3.50/gal for Regular.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site! gas is down to 3.09 here in iowa

dutch bu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
vlaardingen "the netherlands"
thanks all for the welcome...

i, own this wagon for a year now. got it from the second owner..
but i,m driving malibu,s sinds 1992 or so..i will look for some pictures of the previous ones..

the trailer hitch is a bit close to the bumper you mean..??.. :D

it is an detachable one but someware between 2 owners the key is lost... :mrgreen: and they don,t make them anymore..

but so far i have towed a few trailers and it is no problem.
the v6 thinks different about it.. :mrgreen:

there still a few g boddy,s here across ther pond..buddy of mine drives a 1980 olds cutlass diesel..but is has now a olds 403 in it.. :mrgreen:

i will post some pics of of the meetings we do have here..

grtz vincent

speed3

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2008
CT
Gekke Hollanders, laat me weten als je wat uit de USA nodig hebt.
Groeten
Gary

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
yep, un huh, yes, intersting...... oh hell i have no clue what they are saying lol. welcome anyways! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor