New owner of an ‘83 Cutlass Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I hear you on that one Jack. I know from experience that the wagon headliner boards are 2 separate pieces, with a molding to cover the seam between the pieces. Can you get a replacement board for a sedan, and if so, would that be close to matching the front piece for a wagon? And if that would work, could you section a second sedan headliner board, to make it useable for the rear piece on a wagon? Just tossing out ideas here.
Jeff.
They don't reproduce wagon headliner boards, unfortunately. . It's either repair what you have with fiberglass resin and mat, or cloth. Been there, done that.
....or if you're lucky enough to find a decent replacement. Wish I put away a few over the years.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I hear you on that one Jack. I know from experience that the wagon headliner boards are 2 separate pieces, with a molding to cover the seam between the pieces. Can you get a replacement board for a sedan, and if so, would that be close to matching the front piece for a wagon? And if that would work, could you section a second sedan headliner board, to make it useable for the rear piece on a wagon? Just tossing out ideas here.
Jeff,
I think that same question had been addressed awhile back. I'm thinking the sedan or coupe headliner starts curving where you don't want it to curve. I would experiment if I had a sedan headliner board at my disposal. It would probably work to replace the rear section, slicing it to size, but the forward section is a different animal. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/wagon-headliner-board-question.65716/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Jeff,
I think that same question had been addressed awhile back. I'm thinking the sedan or coupe headliner starts curving where you don't want it to curve. I would experiment if I had a sedan headliner board at my disposal. It would probably work to replace the rear section, slicing it to size, but the forward section is a different animal. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/wagon-headliner-board-question.65716/
Thanks very much Jack. I was hoping it might work, but thinking it probably wouldn't. Wouldn't be surprised if someone else has already tried it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor