New Pontiac guy to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I noticed a few "handles" from 2 other boards I frequent (PY and Maliburacing) that look familar.

Anyway,names Bob,I have a shop that specializes in Pontiacs(1964 thru 1978).
WWW.casualrestorationsinc.com

Presently building a 79 Grand Prix with the goal of breaking into the 9z on motor only.

Current stable: 68 GTO,70 LeMans Sport,79 Grand Prix race car,82 T1000( v8 ),83 Malibu Wagon 350/T5,87 Dually.

Glad to see a Pontiac specific section,that's where I will be.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Cool, welcome. Tell us about this Poncho motor thats going to put you in the 9z on mota.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
DJ,since there are like 3 of us in the whole country building one of these......

Vern,
Took a 455 block,filled it to the freeze plugs,destroked it with a 4" Moldex crank held in with billet splayed caps,Oliver rods and custom Ross pistons making it a 440.
Slipped in a solid roller 271/281 .666 lift
Paul Spotts massaged a set of Edelbrock heads,put a Victor on it,had Nickerson custom build my 950 Hp Holley to 1010 cfm.
She made 620hp@6800 580ft#@4800.

hoodclearance2.jpg

In my buddy's TA went 10.48 with no tuning.

His car is close to 500# heavy compared to mine.Also he is set up for the bottle so the gear ratio and tire were wrong.On top of that I should out 60 foot his car by .2 .

The car will have 9z in it ,but the driver......

dirty joe

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
405 okc
shotgun said:
DJ,since there are like 3 of us in the whole country building one of these......

well, that is very true. hahaha there have been a couple questions on here about this sorta swap though

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Vern, I showed you mine,now you show me yours.

I was just talking to one of my guys in the shop about stuffing a caddy in a Gbody.

How it run at the track?

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Bob, I don't have any pics on the puter and need to get a new digi camera. Mine is a dirt cheap street build. Rebuild kit from www.Northernautoparts.com. Flat tappet cam, shaft rocker system, off the shelf cast pistons, etc from Cad vendors. Reconditioned HEI, good timeing chain, Melling oil pump, everything else is in signature. Up to 500ish pump gas HP they are a great & economical choice. Beyond that their is now parts heads etc on the shelf without you fabricating but its expensive.

I am no drag racer or tuner. My get acquainted trip resulted in a 12.60 @109.6 weighed 3,840 pounds with me fuel full size spare etc. That was on radials thru the exhaust with less than ideal gearing etc just as its driven. Same week & tune she got 17mpg. Shortly thereafter a gal pulled out in front of me and I t-boned her totalling the car. Since then I have acquired a 442 and the transformation is on.

Find an Old Eldo & get the motor for next to nothing. Depending on your goals often they don't even need a rebuild just fresh bearings, timeing chain, oil pump, stuff in a cam (and lmaybe some spray) and you have crazy torque & reliable pump gas power for cheap.

I know a fella who has just screwed together a "short" 4" stroke 472 crank motor that should make peak HP around 6500. Check out www.cadillacpower.com if you want to check out a board dedicated to the big Cads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor