New power window motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Since my window racer didn’t give me the performance I was hoping for I’m looking at new motors now. Ecklers El Camino store list theirs as Genuine GM $30.00 each, fits both sides, Mikes doesn’t list a brand Summit has Four Seasons. Has anybody bought NEW ones, from who, what brand ?

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I got one from auto zone or advanced last year. It went on me in the driveway, when my garage was full, so I had to take what I could get. It’s faster than the other side that’s original.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Mine are original 42 year olds. In my other thread Window Racer? Members have convinced me that new motors will let the WR give me the performance I’ve heard it should . Like always I would trust a GM part over an aftermarket. As far as longer life, working better, and not needing any mods.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
A few years ago I put a new Cardone motors,part # 82-144,in the passenger door.
It made quite a big difference over the old one.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Window motors start to slow down from the first time you operate them. It's just so gradual over time. And of course, it's USUALLY the driver side window that gets used the most. So any change to a new motor is going to make a huge difference, most likely.

Also, the fact that WR's and their ilk simply boost voltage to the motor, which IMO only speeds up the motor's demise on the factory dismal network of wiring, especially if they're original wires pushing 40 years old or more. I could be wrong, but I think they weren't designed for WRs. I could be wrong on that, but...

GM changed PW motors like they changed underwear. About once a week.

Still want to stick with a GM part?

Here's a window applicable for your car under p/n 22121553.

under p/n 12487630

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Wind...d=link&campid=5335822911&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

under p/n 12512994

And then there's the CURRENT part number 12497971 (GM list price $104.22)

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Just ordered 2 AC Delco #11M23s. That was the most common part number I saw searching for our cars.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, those are the middle of the road motors. There's GM OE/OEM, ACD professional gold, and ACD professional silver. IIRC, those you ordered are Professional Golds under GM p/n 19251414. Meaning they are expected to be made to GM specs, usually- but not always- by a non-GM provider. It could very well be a re-labeled, re-boxed aftermarket that's been checked by ACD to match or at least come close to GM specs.

While I always strive to get GM OEM, if I can't, the ACD professional will work fine for stock parts, IMO. It could also be a case of the professional series motor is the exact same across the board in quality, and just put a different part number on it. It's hard to tell unless you worked in the facility.

The silver series is your cheapest option, and they're still backed by GM, but in the "value" line. Take it for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor