Power window on manual setup?

Zeus44

n00b
Jul 29, 2023
I recently bought an 86 cutlass. It came with driver side manual window and passenger side power. It has the wiring but not connected to anything. Whats the best option to get it working?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I recently bought an 86 cutlass. It came with driver side manual window and passenger side power. It has the wiring but not connected to anything. Whats the best option to get it working?
Sounds like a door replacement along the way.

You've got two options:

1) convert the power door to manual

2) source a dash sub-harness to connect with the fuse block and run the wiring along the firewall, then connect to the power door. At that point swap the manual door over to power as well I'd presume.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You need power window regulator with motor, door mounted window switches (or a homemade setup).

It’s quite easy to convert from manual to electric.

5spdCab helped me out with a conversion that I completed.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor